This plum crumble fills your home with a weirdly intoxicating Cherry Fizz Pop scent that’s just so nostalgically magical!
If you have a batch of overripe plums sitting pretty in your fruit bowl, do not miss the opportunity to turn them into this satisfying dish.
So simple to make, but incredibly comforting, this sweet and spicy plum crumble makes winter a little more bearable; which is to say that if you’re sad about the cold, crying into a dish of this topped with ice cream is exceedingly helpful!
What’s more, it’s so easy to rustle up on a chilly evening or rainy afternoon. It’s instant gratification and homemade goodness in one tasty package.
For a healthy twist that may just make it suitable for breakfast, top your plum crumble with yoghurt instead of ice cream!
6 – 8 overripe plums sliced
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp Chinese 5-Spice
2 cups rolled oats
60g cold salted butter cubed
Ice cream to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Sprinkle corn flour and 5-spice over plums and mix to coat.
3. In a separate bowl, use your finger-tips to combine butter and oats so that clumps are formed.
4. Place plums into a pie dish, and top with oat crumble.
5. Drizzle honey over oats and place dish into oven for 30 minutes.
6. For an extra crunchy crumble, turn oven on grill for 3 – 5 minutes.
7. Serve plum crumble piping hot and topped with cream, ice cream, or yoghurt.