Chorizo tacos because chorizo makes everything better! Some say it’s bacon, others opt for chocolate, but chorizo is my saviour!
So intensely packed with spicy, savoury flavour, chorizo tacos are umami level 10. The gentle earthy sweetness of peppers is intensified when caramelised in the chorizo’s oils, and that fresh mango salsa is such a delightful contrast in taste and texture. Plus everything together looks gold and glistening and reminds of the sun!
1 “horse shoe” chorizo sliced
1 large red onion sliced
2 large garlic cloves chopped
1 yellow pepper sliced
1 mango cubed
1 red chilli sliced (optional)
Handful fresh coriander leaves
1 large avocado roughly mashed
2 Tbs smooth cottage cheese
4 – 8 whole wheat brown wraps/tacos to serve
1. Fry chorizo on medium heat until tender and just crisping on edges.
2. Remove from pan with slotted spoon, and drain on paper towel.
3. Reserve chorizo oil and saute onion and yellow pepper until beginning to caramelise.
4. Add garlic and fry for another minute or two.
5. Return chorizo to pan to heat through. Set aside.
6. Quickly combine mango, chilli, and coriander in a bowl. Set aside.
7. Roughly stir cottage cheese through avocado. Set aside.
8. Serve chorizo, mango salsa and avo mash separately along with wraps, allowing guests to assemble their own tacos.
Check out the pineapple chorizo rice bowls that inspired my mango and chorizo tacos HERE. That combination of sweet and salty is oh-so sultry don’t you think?
Make a midweek meal feel festive or invite friends around for a weekend fiesta, just don’t forget the chorizo tacos please!